Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A month till

After the wet day, Songkran turned into a misty night with very few memories and fairly loud electonic music. The next day was kind of rough with more than an hour under water because of some obligatory Dive Master skill circuit thing, which by a change was just arranged after the party. I blamed the Thais. They started it.

Only 35 days and I am supposed to be sitting in a plane to London and eventually back cold home. Weird to think about it. Weirdest of all, I am looking forward to it. Finland, Tromso and finally good old Svalbard. The summer is going to be awesome...and yes, for the first time, I am feeling home sick.

However, it's too early to give up now. There are still many things to do and see. Because it seemed that I still had some money left, I decided to spend them to diving. I fixed the plan a bit and ordered plane tickets to a Malaysian province, Sabah, which is located close to the equator on the island of Borneo. Wild and full of tropical diseases. The ultimate destination for many old time explorer, settler, missionary and merchant. Consisting of high lights such as: Pulau Sipidan; one of the top dive sites in the world, Mount Kinabalu; 4100 meters high mountain climbable in three days, World famous bat caves, relatively big slices of remaining rain forest and more.

I'll head there after visiting Taman Negara, the oldest rainforest on earth, which is located to Malaysian peninsula. A day or two of trecking there. Departure from Koh Tao will be on 24th. I guess I should start eating malaria medicication already now...

It starts to be summer in here. Easily +35 in shadow during the day. Sometimes even more. The situation starts to get hazardous. Many of my friends have been knocked down to the hospital, because they have got a tiny scratch, which has got infected just in hours. After a day a surgery have been needed to fix the situation. Fairly scary and unexpected problem. I am trying to protect myself from scratches by every mean (even gave away my motor bike), but it's only a matter of time...Didn't have these problems back home...

0 kommenttia: