Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Jungle Express

The allergic reaction relieved for a while just after I left the internet cafe in Kota Bharu. It happened just in few minutes. All the red spots were suddenly gone. An extreme reaction. Some of the spots came back today. Now I have a theory that sweating has something to do with this.

However, I staked for taking a train to Jeranut, which lies in the middle of Malaysian Peninsula close to the largest jungle in Malaysia. The train was a mail train. A real old timer crawling through the rain forested interior of the peninsula. Stopping at any smallest post in the middle of the jungle. I was able to follow the dense jungle flowing past the door opening I was sitting at. Small jungle posts filled with locals. The birds, trees and brown silty rivers. Conversations with locals travelling to small towns on the route. The noisy and rocking old train. A great experience.

Tomorrow, if my spots just grace, I will head into the biggest, oldest, crawliest and the most touristic: Taman Negara National Park. The grand tourist attraction of Malaysia. Hopefully I'll see more crawling animals, monkeys and birds than people. Entry to the park needs 3 hours jetty (a boat) trip along the river flowing through the jungle. It's supposed to be good...

0 kommenttia: