Friday, April 24, 2009

Done it.

The DM day went as I supposed. The day was hectic, because of small gale that had harassed the island for past few days. Because the sea was rough, we had to leave from a pier 3 kilometers from Big Blue, arraging taxis caused some problem. However, diving was excellent. Good viz and nice group to lead. Everyone came back alive. Nothing major happened. The test was passed.

The challenge turned into a great confusion and eventually into a lost consiousness. It was very much fun, however. So I became part of "PADI family" as a Dive Master. Professional diving is hard drinking. Althought for me it was more about hard diving. During 9 weeeks of time I had time to dive 101 times and spend 3 days 3 hours and 32 minutes under water.

After finishing, it was about a time to move on.
I took a ferry to Chumpon. The trip was magical. I really enjoyed travelling again and realised that I haven't done it enough. Now I am waiting for train, which is supposed to take me to the dusty border town of Sungai Kolok (or something). It's only some kilometers from Kota Bharu. In there I'll dive in the middle of the islamic culture of Malaysia. The town is one of the most conservative areas in Malaysia and is supposed to be alcohol free! A holiday from beer does only good for me...In Kota Bharu some preparations for a jungle trip will be involved.

Good bye Koh Tao.

0 kommenttia: