Sunday, January 18, 2009

...and so it begins


"Here I am - on the road again
There I am - up on the stage
Here I go - playing star again
There I go - turn the page"

"Turn the page" by Bob Seger 1973

Leaving. For some reason I have always liked the thought of leaving. The trip doesn't necessaryly need to be long, but simply nothing wins the feeling of leaving. To be able to crap a back-bag, step out, close the door behind. Not to think about the past, but to feel every second of the future blowing against your face. No duties, only opportunities.

However, today's leaving is something special. For years I have been reading, watching and listening stories about leaving for a longer trip to somewhere. For years I have felt envy to those, who have earned their departure by working, saving money and neglecting the joys of life just to be able to leave. It is my turn today. Finally, today is the day, when I'll leave.

First step is to take a train to Helsinki, where I am gonna meet some old Svalbard friends. Tomorrow my plane departs towards Siam. This is it. The journey has began!

0 kommenttia: